See • Eat
· Hirosaki Castle · ASPAM Building
· Mutsu Bay · Hakkodamaru
LAKE TOWADA REGION
· Lake Towada · Statute of Maiden
· Oirase Mountain Gorge (UNESCO Heritage Site)
· Hinokinai River
· Kakunodate Samurai Town
· Nishinomya Residence
LAKE TAZAWA REGION
· Lake Tazawa · Tatsuko Statute
HANAMAKI ONSEN REGION SENDAI / MATSUSHIMA
· Asaichi Market
· lchibancho Shopping Park
· Kokubuncho · Jozenji Boulevard
· Matsushima Bay Cruise
· Matsushima Castle
· Zuiganji Temple
NIKKO / KINUGAWA REGION
· Toshugu Shrine
· lrohazaka Zigzag Road
· Kegon Falls - Lake Chuzenji
· Matsumoto City
· Matsumoto Castle
· Zenkoji Temple - Yaen Park
TATEYAMA KUROBE ALPINE ROUTE
· Tateyama Cablecar
· Tateyama Highland Bus
· Tateyama Tunnel Trolley Bus
· Tateyama Ftopeways
· Kurobe Cablecar · Trolley Bus
· Lake Kurobe · Kurobe Dam
· Snow Corridor- Shomyo-taki Falls
· Toyama Castle
· Gokayama Ogimachi Gassho Village (UNESCO Heritage Site)
· Kenroku-en Garden
· Higashi Chaya-Gai
6 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 6 Dinner
Day 1: SINGAPORE HANEDA
(Meals on Board)
Assemble at Changi International Airport and board the flight to Tokyo.
Day 2: HANEDA AOMORI HIROSAKI LAKE TOWADA AOMORI
(Meal on board, Lunch, Dinner)
Upon arrival, meet and greet by local representative. Hitch a domestic flight from Hanedato Aomori. Upon arriving at Aomori City, the northernmost city on Honshu island, see the ASPAM Building which overlooks the Mutsu Bay, a symbol of Aomori. Next, be amazed by the gigantic memorial vessel Hakko-damaru, which is docked at Aomori Port. Continue to Hirosaki Park to see Hirosaki Castle, an important cultural asset. After lunch, proceed to Oirase Mountain Gorge which comprises 14 waterfalls within the nature reserves. A pair of comfortable shoes is required to explore here. Next on the itinerary is Lake Towada, a double caldera lake at the top of a mountain. Witness the migrating swans (subject to seasonal and weather conditions) swimming gracefully at this tranquil lake. Catch a glimpse the Statue of Maidens which serves as a symbol of Lake Towada.
Day 3: AOMORI - KAKUNODATE - LAKE TAZAWA - HANAMAKI
(Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner)
After breakfast, proceed to Kakunodate which is known as LittIe Kyoto and which is situated by the peaceful Hinokinai River. Kakunodate is a historic town, dotted with many 350year old samurai houses, storehouses, teahouses and rickshaw operators. Visit Samurai Nishi-nomya Family Residence on Bukeyashiki Street, which offers a rare glimpse into the life of samurai and common town folk. In the afternoon, drive to Lake Tazawa, the deepest lake in Japan. Witness the legendary Tatsuko statue overlooking this calm lake surrounded by the Japanese Alps. The bluish water is so clear that you can see the reflections of the Alps in it. Thereafter, continue to Hanamaki Hotspring District. Upon arrival at the traditional Japanese Onsen Inn, be greeted by the friendly staff. The rest of the evening is yours to enjoy the onsen.
Day 4: HANAMAKI - MATSUSHIMA - SENDAI
In the morning, continue to Matsushima and visit Godaido Hall, a sacred temple standing on one of the islands facing Matsushima Bay. Embark on a seagull watching cruise (subject to weather conditions) in Matsushima Bay and view the 200 islands scattered across the place, which is one of Japans three most scenic spots. Thereafter, enjoy a relaxing walk through the pine forests to Zuiganji Temple, the only Zen temple in Tohoku. In the temple compound, visitors may enjoy the zen garden. Hidden in the small alley is the old Matsushima Castle. In the late afternoon, return to Sendai. Stop at lchibancho Shopping Park, an 0penair complex, which prom- ises both middle-class and high-society shopping. Major departmental stores and boutiques add to the charm of old style streets, full of distinctive attractions of their own. In the evening, visit Kokubuncho which houses more than 3000 dining and eating establishments, the Iiveliest and largest entertainment
Day 5: SENDAI - NIKKO - KINUGAWA
(Breakfast. Lunch, Dinner)
Rise and shine and visit Sendais Kitchen best known as Asaichi Market. It is a popular spot where visitors can purchase fresh seafood and local produce. Drive to beautiful Nikko to visit the famous Toshogu Shrine, an interesting complex of colorful structures featuring the superb craftsmanship of Japans 17th century artisans. Next, continue on lrohazakas zigzag driveway upto the mountain and stop to visit the stunning Kegon Falls and view the beautiful Lake Chuzenji. Upon arrival at Kinugawa Hotspring District, proceed to the traditional Japanese Onsen Inn. The rest of the evening is yours to enjoy the onsen.
Day 6: KINUGAWA NAGANO CITY
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Proceed to Matsumoto city in Nagano Prefecture. Sights in this leg include Zenkoji Temple, founded in the 7th century and is the home of the IkkoSanzon, allegedly the first Buddhist image to arrive in Japan. Admire Matsumoto Castle, Japans oldest wooden castle and one of four castles designated National Treasures. Continue to Yaen Park to see the famous Jigokudani Monkeys or the bathing monkeys. Stay overnight at Nagano City.
Day 7: NAGANO CITY - TATEYAMA - TOYAMA CITY
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
An exciting day beckons as travelers get a chance to traverse the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route which has a distance of 86km and starts from Nagano Ogisawa, 1,433 metres above sea level. Only authorised transportation is permitted to operate in the Tateyama National Park. The six different scenic public transportation options offering different experiences are as follonsen.
1. Trclley Bus : A 16-minute Trolley Bus brings visitors from Ogizawa to Kurobe Dam. 1,470 metres height above sea level
[ Walk(Comfortable Shoes Needed) : 15 minutes by f0t from Kurbe Dam to Kurobeko, passing by the awe-inspiring Lake Kurobe surrounded by mountains. See the 186m-high Kurbbe Dam. 1,455 metres height above sea level ]
2.Kurcbs Cablecar : A fiveminute Kurobe cablecar ride to ascend to Kurobedaira. 1,828 metres height above sea level
3. Teteyama Ropeways : From Kurobedaira, ascend Daikanbo via the Tateyama Ropeway. From the cabin, marvel at the scenic snow-capped mountains surrounding Lake Kurobe. 2,316 metres height above sea level.
4. Tateyama Tunnel Trolley Bus (Gloves Needed) : From Daikanbo, the electrical Tateyama Trolley Bus will transport visitors to Murodo, the peak of Tateyama. 2,450 metres height above sea level.
5. Tateyama Highland Bus : From Murodo, a Tateyama Highland Bus will bring all to Bijodaira. See the famous Shomyo Waterfalls, the famous 18-metre snow corridor and possible sea of clouds. 977 metres height above sea level.
6. Tateyama Cablecar : From Bijodaira, descend via cablecar to Tateyama Station. 475 metres height above sea level.
* Note: Wheelchairs not permitted on this trip.
Upon arriving Tateyama Station, travel to Toyama City. In the evening, visit Toyama Koen Park and see the beautifully - illuminated Toyama Castle (subject to weather conditions).
Day 8: TOYAMA CITYGOKAYAMA KANAZAWA - KOMATSU + HANEDA SINGAPORE
(Breakfast. Lunch, Dinner)
Rise and shine and visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site Gokayama Ogimachi Gassho Village. See the gassho-zukuri (a house with a thatched gable roof, so named because of its shape resembling hands clasped in prayer: gassho), steeply sloping at an angle of 60 degrees for protection against heavy snowfall in winter. There-after, continue to Kanazawa and visit Kenroku-en Garden, one of the countrys top three gardens. The name refers to a renowned garden from Chinas Song Dynasty that acquired the six attributes for perfection: seclusion, spaciousness, artificiality, antiquity, abundant water and broad view. Next, explore the Kanazawas most famous geisha district Higashi Chaya-Gai. The slatted wooden fascades of geisha houses in this narrow street are romantically preserved. In the evening, bid farewell to this beautiful country before
1. Tour group maybe merged and sequence of itinerary subject to change without prior notice.
2. All tours are conducted in Mandarin. Bi-lingual guides are on request only; kindly inform the sales stall upon booking.
3. Any deviation and/or extension after the tour is subject to airlines approval. If request is not acceded to, passenger will have to return on schedule as the group. lf passenger opts to cancel, booking terms and conditions will apply.
4. For passengers who join the land tour only (exclude international domestic airfare). Kindly note that confirmation of tour will be 14 days before departure.
5. In the event of New Years Day holiday (29 Dec 3 Jan), Hakutsuru Sakae Factory and Metropolitan Government Building are closed to public and will not be replaced with alternative sights.
Child with Bed - 1 child sharing twin room with 2 adults with extra bed
Child w/o Bed - 1 child sharing twin room with 2 adults without extra bed
Child Half Twin - 1 child sharing twin room with 1 adult
Tour Fares shown on the table may subject to changes without prior notice